MANILA, Philippines — Sen. Christopher “Bong” Go on Tuesday challenged former senator Antonio Trillanes IV to “to be man enough” and face the sedition charges filed against him after the former senator was indicted by the Department of Justice (DOJ) on Monday, 10 February 2020.
During a visit to fire victims in Caloocan, Go told reporters that Trillanes should answer for his actions after he allegedly maligned his reputation as well as that of President Duterte and his family.
Trillanes allegedly soiled the reputation of the first family by linking them to illegal drug trade aside from other damaging accusations even when former military official has nothing to show proof of his accusations.
“That’s his style. He soils the reputation of his rivals so he will appear clean. Whatever case is filed against you, face it and answer it in court,” Go said in Filipino.
Aside from Trillanes, 10 others were included in the complaint filed by the DOJ and Senator Go said that those behind the black propaganda thrown against him during the campaign period last year should be held accountable.
Trillanes and 10 others were indicted for conspiracy to commit sedition over the “Ang Totoong Narcolist” video blogs that dragged the first family and Go in the illegal drug trade in the country.
However, Vice President Leni Robredo, Senators Leila de Lima and Risa Hontiveros were cleared of sedition charges. (IAMIGO/sovereignph.com)