Thu. Feb 25th, 2021


MANILA – Undersecretary Jacinto “Jing” Paras has positively identified Antonio Trillanes during a court hearing at the Municipal Trial Court branch 47 of Pasay City last Friday (21 February 2020) over a case filed against the former senator for grave threats.

Paras’ gesture at pointing towards Trillanes was in compliance of an order issued by the Judge of MTC Branch 47 that Trillanes must be made to appear in court and for the complainant Paras to identify the accused.

Thus, when the judge asked Paras if the defendant was inside the court, Paras immediately affirmed it and pointed at Trillanes.

It may be recalled that the former Labor Undersecretary Jacinto “Jing” Paras has on June 6, 2019 filed a complaint for grave threats against the former senator who is vocal on his opposition against the administration of President Duterte.

Criminal case against Trillanes

“Kaninang umaga, nagsampa kami ng criminal case against Mr. Trillanes tungkol sa pag-threaten niya sa akin (This morning, we filed a criminal case against Mr. Trillanes on his threats against me). He came to me and provoked, and threatened na yayariin (daw) niya ako (that he will kill me),” Paras told reporters in a media interview.

The labor official said Trillanes should have been “courteous” and should not have accused him of being a “mercenary serving his master, President Rodrigo Duterte,” Paras added.

“Nagsampa ako para maprotektahan ako ng batas, kasi impluwensyado siyang tao. Marami siyang koneksyon sa military. Hindi natin alam na may mangyari sa ‘kin,” he said before the Pasay City Prosecutor’s Office.

Paras accused Trillanes of threatening to “kill” him, during a confrontation inside the Senate session hall on May 29 during a particular senate investigation.

DOH Secretary Duque to appear as witness

It was gathered that when Trillanes confronted Paras at the VIP Gallery of the Senate, Paras was seated beside DOH Secretary Francisco Duque and the latter certainly overheard all the words uttered by Trillanes against Paras.

On Tuesday, 03 March 2020, the Health Secretary as a witness to the grave threats case will make his testimony in court and will tell all he knows about the case.

Serious troubles coming Trillanes’ way

It would seem that serious troubles are coming towards Trillanes’ way the former senator also faces several criminal cases filed against him.

Trillanes has two pending cases for inciting to sedition in two different courts in Pasay City.

In both cases, the respective city fiscals have found probable cause against Trillanes for his attempt to incite the people to overthrow the government of President Duterte.

Trillanes is also facing libel cases in Davao City filed by Congressman Paolo Duterte and brother-in-law Mans Carpio.

In these cases, Trillanes had already posted bail after being issued warrants of arrest.

Now this grave threat case filed by Paras at the Pasay City Court and recently even as Trillanes was also indicted by a Quezon City Court for a case of inciting to sedition in the famous “Bikoy” social media caper claiming President Duterte and family are allegedly involved in illegal drug trade.

For sure, Trillanes will have his hands full in the days ahead. (iamigo/sovereignph.com)

Leave a Reply