MANILA – In an interview with DZMM Teleradyo Friday, Department of Interior and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año has issued some clarification on National Capital Region’s community quarantine.
(1) Hindi ito total lockdown (This is not total lockdown). We’re just restricting movement, going in and outside of Metro Manila.
(2) Ang strategy ay maglagay ng checkpoints sa boundaries ng (The strategy is to put up checkpoints at the boundaries of) Metro Manila and neighbouring provinces.
(3) Papayagang makapasok ang mga taga-probinsya na nagtatrabaho sa Metro Manila. Pero kailangan ng proof na dito talaga sila sa Metro Manila nagtatrabaho.
(Province-based workers will be allowed entry to report for work in Metro Manila but they would need proof to show they are really working in MM)
(4) Para hindi ma-defeat ang purpose ng lockdown, papasok ang DOTR para mag-impose ng measures na ma-enhance ang ating social distancing, sa loob ng bus at public transport, basta may kaukulang space. These people are called the Manila population by the day.
(So as not to defeat the purpose of lockdown, DOTR will impose measures on social distancing inside buses and other public transport.)
(5) Buses will continue to be allowed to serve workers from the nearby provinces who work in Metro Manila.
(6) Buses and private cars will have to go through checkpoints, and employees will have to show proof that they work in Metro Manila. Company IDs should suffice. Those who have businesses will also be allowed.
(7) There is a projection from the WHO that the cases will grow exponentially. Ang estimate nila is 75,000 cases, with 5% na severe or serious, and 3% who will die. (Iamigo/sovereignph.com)