STO. TOMAS, Batangas — Gov. Hermilando Mandanas has on Friday (March 13) publicly announced Batangas province’s second confirmed case of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
“From one last night, we now have two,” the governor said.
The governor, however, refused to give further details of the first and second COVID-19 patients heeding protocol set by the Department of Health (DOH).
Mandanas only said that the two confirmed cases could have been “each other’s” contact.
The first case allegedly came from a trip to London, England where coronavirus cases are also prevalent.
Batangas city health officer Rosanna Barrion explained that necessary contact tracing is already being made by the province underway.
Measures to stop the spread of the diseases are also set in place across the province said Barrion adding that both of the COVID-19 patients had been referred to a hospital in Metro Manila.
Meanwhile, the provincial information office (PIO) rectified a statement it earlier issued.
The PIO said the first confirmed COVID-19 patient was not admitted to the Batangas Medical Center rather, he was brought to a hospital in Manila.
But as to what or which hospital the patient was brought to, the PIO refused to disclose. (Ismael Amigo/sovereignph.com)