Wed. Mar 3rd, 2021

MANILA — The health department has on Sunday, 15 March 2020, confirmed 29 new cases of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) bringing the total number of cases to 140.

The DOH also announced deaths of three (3) more patients have died from the virus, bringing the total to 11.

The latest fatalities are the following:

9th death: 86-year-old American male from Marikina City who recently travelled to the United States and South Korea. He died on Saturday, March 14.

10th death: 40-year-old Filipino male from Pasig City. He has no travel history and exposure 14 days prior to onset of symptoms. He was the 54th recorded case, and died on Sunday, March 15.

11th death: 64-year-old Filipino male from Negros Oriental who went to Greenhills. He was case 39th and died on Sunday, March 15.

Earlier on Sunday, the Negros Oriental provincial government reported fatality from the province was a councilor from the municipality of Tayasan.

In a separate statement Sunday, the DOH also said that 5 confirmed cases who have mild symptoms “are under home quarantine based on the existing decision tool for the diagnosis and management of COVID-19.”

So far, only 2 patients have recovered the DOH said. They were both Chinese tourists from Wuhan who traveled to the Philippines. They were the 1st and 3rd recorded cases in the country.

Meanwhile, Cabinet members Executive Secretary Salvador Medialdea, Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III, Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade, and Public Works Secretary Mark Villar have all tested negative for the virus.

Amid the growing number of coronavirus cases, President Duterte on Friday declared Metro Manila under community quarantine that took effect Sunday morning.

Travel in and out of the capital region is semi-restricted.

Declaration of a state of public health emergency was made by President Rodrigo Duterte as early as Monday, March 9. (ia/sovereignph.com)

Leave a Reply