Wed. Sep 22nd, 2021

MANILA – Although he has no signs of COVID-19, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III on Thursday said he has subjected himself on self-quarantine as he has undergone test and is expecting results in two to three days.

But the health chief said his self-quarantine would still entail work as he is setting up work-from-home arrangement to continue his work amid the crisis.

He is expected to meet experts and discuss plans on constructing a specialized COVID-19 hospital.

Since Day 1 in the country’s fight against the contagion, the DOH chief has been at the forefront of the government’s efforts to stem the spread of COVID-19.

The virus has so far infected 202 people in the Philippines, including 17 that had already died.

On Wedneaday, 18 March 2020, the DOH announced that one of its directors tested positive for COVID-19.

“DOH assures its employees that their safety and health is a top priority. Offices have been disinfected and close contacts informed so that they can immediately undergo home quarantine and strict monitoring,” the DOH said.

In an effort to curtail the spread of COVID-19, the national government has implemented a Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) that ultimately limited movement of people and halted temporarily public transport.

2 Barangays in QC under extreme CQ

Meanwhile, two (2) barangays in Quezon City with three confirmed cases each of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were placed under “extreme enhanced community quarantine.”

Mayor Joy Belmonte identified the barangays as Tandang Sora and Kalusugan. (ia/sovereignph.com)

Leave a Reply