MANILA — The Department of Health reported on Wednesday (25 March 2020) the count of confirmed cases of the coronavirus or COVID-19 grew further and is now at 636.
This, after the DOH detected 84 new COVID-19 cases as of 4 p.m. Wednesday.
The health agency also claimed that three (3) new patients have died from the virus which brought the number of fatalities to 38.
Recoveries on the other hand, stood at six (6) new patients. The total number of recoveries is now 26.
A day before, Tuesday, Senator Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III confirmed that he tested positive for the virus, making him the second senator to contract the disease after Sen. Migz Zubiri.
Actor Christopher de Leon was already discharged from hospital care and is now under home quarantine the ABS-CBN News said.
The lawmaker from Mindanao said he took the test on March 20 and was informed about the result late Tuesday, March 24.
“Since the last day of session March 11, I had already tried my best to limit my movement. I will call (to the best of my ability) those I remember meeting during those crucial days so that I can inform them of my test result,” Pimentel said in a prepared statement.
Early morning of Wednesday, March 25, President Rodrigo Duterte already signed into law an act granting him 30 special powers to address the growing number of coronavirus cases in the Philippines.
Metro Manila is on lockdown and will last until April 14 while the whole island of Luzon is slated until April 12. (ia/sovereignph.com)