MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Justice has scheduled the preliminary investigation on Senator Koko Pimentel’s quarantine breach for May 20, 2020.
The DOJ also said it already released a summon to Sen. Koko Pimentel on Tuesday over the complaint filed by a private lawyer for his alleged breach of quarantine protocols amid COVID-19 crisis.
Prosecutor General Benedicto Malcontento told reporters that a subpoena and complaint will be sent Tuesday to Sen. Pimentel’s office.
The prosecutor general also said that the “preliminary investigation (is) tentatively set on May 20.”
The complainant, lawyer Rico Quicho, said he also received an order from the DOJ to report in person to the office five (5) days after the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) is lifted.
DOJ Secretary Menardo Guevarra said last week Quicho filed his complaint “digitally” or through email as such the complainant had been told to file a physical copy of his complaint and its annexes against Pimentel.
If there be any other extension, the Luzon-wide enhanced community quarantine is set to end on April 30.