ILIGAN CITY – A seafarer who arrived here and a 21-year-old patient in Cagayan de Oro City are the latest patients to test positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in the two cities.
Dr. Bernard Rocha, a medical specialist at Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC) in Cagayan de Oro, said Saturday the 21-year-old patient who was admitted at the hospital on April 19 figured in a vehicular accident and underwent a spinal operation on April 21. He was later transferred to a privately-owned hospital on April 22.
Rocha said the patient was tested for Covid-19 after showing symptoms of pneumonia. After he was found positive for the virus, he was transferred back to NMMC–the region’s primary referral center for Covid-19.
He said the 31 health workers who attended to the patient have been placed under quarantine.
Zamboanga City registers 19 new cases of Covid-19
ZAMBOANGA CITY – The local Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) 2019 coronavirus disease (Covid-19) reported 19 new more cases, bringing the total number of Covid-19 positive here to 30.
Mayor Maria Isabelle Climaco-Salazar, IATF Covid-19 chairperson, said Saturday that of the new cases, 18 are persons deprived of liberty (PDL) detained at the Zamboanga City Reformatory Center (ZCRC) while the remaining one is a Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) personnel.
Salazar said the latest results, which arrived Friday, are just the initial outcome of the tests by St. Luke’s Medical Center, through the City Health Office, for specimens taken from PDLs and BJMP personnel at the ZCRC.
Salazar said they expect more positive cases in the days to come as a total of 119 specimens from the ZCRC were sent for testing on April 27 and April 30 to the St. Luke’s Medical Center.
Cotabato reports 6 new suspected Covid-19 cases
COTABATO CITY – Six more persons suspected of being infected with coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid 19) have been registered in Cotabato City, the city health services reported Friday.
Five of the suspected persons are currently undergoing strict home quarantine while the sixth was confined in a hospital.
Cotabato City has so far recorded six confirmed Covid-19 cases, the majority of them were from outside the city, and all of them have recovered.
To date, there are no probable cases in the city.
Following the reported new cases, Cotabato City Mayor Cynthia Guiani-Sayadi again reminded her constituents that the fight against the virus is not yet over.
4 more health workers in Bataan tested positive of Covid-19
BALANGA CITY, Bataan – Four more health workers of the Bataan General Hospital and Medical Center (BGHMC) here have tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-2019), bringing the total number of infected in the province to 88, as of Friday night.
Citing a report released by the Provincial Health Office, Governor Albert Garcia said on Saturday that the new confirmed cases are a 31-year-old woman from Orion; a 48-year-old woman and a 39-year-old man, both from this city; and a 23-year-old woman from Abucay.
The BGHMC was turned into an exclusive facility for Covid-19 patients since April 17 after 55 of its health workers were found infected with the virus.
Meanwhile, Garcia said two patients have won over the disease, bringing the total number of recoveries to 20 as of Friday night.
Those who recovered were identified as a 34-year-old woman from this city and a 30-year-old woman from Orion.
The Covid-19 bulletin also showed that 90 had been tested and 61 were found negative.
Garcia asked his constituents to stay home and take the necessary precautions to curb the increase in Covid-19 cases in the province.