MANILA – Malacañang will be investigating another leakage of the supposed resolution of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) declaring areas under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) and general community quarantine (GCQ).
In a virtual presser on Tuesday, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque dismissed the leaked resolution as “inaccurate,” reminding the public to wait for the official Palace announcement.
“Iimbestigahan po natin ‘yan pero what I can say is yung mga kumalat na diumanong resolution ay hindi naman po accurate (We will investigate that but what I can say is that viral resolution is not accurate),” he said.
Roque, however, pointed out that since the resolution released was actually fake, it may not be considered as an actual leak.
“Ang problema lang namin e yung leak, fake news naman so parang walang leakage (Our problem is the leak was fake so it’s as if there was no leakage in the first place),” he said.
He also emphasized the importance of tuning in regularly to Palace press briefings to get accurate information on the fate of areas placed under ECQ and GCQ.
“Ang dami-dami ko nakita nagpapa-confirm na ECQ daw ang ilang mga lugar sa Manila, fake news naman. Kaya nga po araw-araw tayo nagpe-press briefing, araw-araw tayo humaharap sa media para po yung pagkakataon para sabihin kung ano ang katotohanan (There are so many asking me to confirm ECQ areas in Manila, but they’re all fake news. That is why we hold daily press briefings and face the media so that we can report what is factual),” he added.
On Monday night, a supposed IATF resolution was shared on various social media platforms, declaring some areas under ECQ, GCQ, and neither of the two types of community quarantine.
Roque later clarified that from May 16 to 31, Metro Manila, Laguna, and Cebu City will be under a “modified enhanced community quarantine” which will allow the operation of selected manufacturing and processing plants up to a maximum of 50 percent workforce.
The IATF resolution also declared a GCQ in eight areas with a moderate risk of infection namely Cagayan Valley (Region 2); Central Luzon (Region 3); Calabarzon (Region 4-A); Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR); Central Visayas (Region 7) except Cebu City; Zamboanga Peninsula (Region 9); Davao Region (Region 11); and Caraga (Region 13).
Eight areas with low risk of infection will no longer be under ECQ or GCQ. These are Ilocos (Region 1); Mimaropa (Region 4-B); Bicol (Region 5); Western Visayas (Region 6); Eastern Visayas (Region 8); Northern Mindanao (Region 10); Soccsksargen (Region 12); and Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (Barmm), the IATF resolution noted.
Late last month, a supposed IATF recommendation to extend the ECQ only in high-risk administrative regions, provinces, or areas across the country until May 15 went viral on social media.
Roque said he would leave it to the IATF to search for whoever is responsible for the leaking of photos of the supposed IATF resolution.
He admitted that it would be “difficult” to determine who leaked the photos since the government officials present would also be accompanied by their respective staff members.
Government officials and workers also must protect “confidential” information against leaks or premature disclosure, he added. (ia/PNA)