Fri. Sep 17th, 2021

MANILA – The guidelines on cash assistance for severely ill health workers and those who died of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in line of duty is expected on June 4, the Department of Health (DOH) said on Thursday.

In a virtual presser, DOH Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said Health chief Francisco Duque III has signed the joint administrative order (JAO) on the Bayanihan to Heal As One Act Section 4 implementation.

Under the law, health workers infected by Covid-19 in the line of duty starting February 1 are entitled to a compensation of PHP100,000 while the kin of those who will die of the disease shall receive PHP1 million.

“We are hopeful that within the day, this signed joint administrative order will be already issued. We just need to have the funds ready. The funds will be taken out of different budgets,” she said.

The JAO also needs signatures from the Department of Labor and Employment and the Department of Budget and Management.

While waiting for the guidelines, the DOH has reached out to the 32 families of those who died of Covid-19 and those in severe and critical conditions.

“We’ve contacted all 32 families (of those who died). We are processing the checks and working out necessary documents they need to submit to avail the benefits,” the DOH said in a separate statement.

Out of the 32 families, DOH has so far obtained details from the 16. For the severe and critical, the agency has listed a total of 79 beneficiaries.

Meanwhile, in an online briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the Department of Health to immediately give compensation benefits to health workers infected with Covid-19. They have until Tuesday, June 9, to release the money. (PNA)

Leave a Reply