(Photo Courtesy: http://www.pcoo.gov.ph)

A latest Social Weather Station (SWS) showed that majority of Filipinos believe the government’s response to the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic is “adequate,” specifically on informing the public and contact tracing.

The survey results were from the SWS’ National Mobile Phone Survey conducted from September 17 to 20.

Specifically, 71 percent of Filipinos consider the government’s action to “inform the public on how to fight Covid-19” as adequate while 22 percent said otherwise and 6 percent undecided.

Furthermore, 67 percent said the Duterte administration’s response to conduct extensive contact tracing was adequate while 23 percent said it was inadequate. Nine percent was undecided.

On the area of affordability for Covid-19 testing, survey respondents found that adequate while 54 percent said affordable virus testing was insufficient. Eleven percent was undecided.

Meanwhile, the survey found that 44 percent consider the government’s aid to displaced workers was adequate. Meanwhile, 46 percent said it was inadequate while 9 percent could not decide.

SWS usually employs a sampling error margin of ±3% for national and

±5% to 6% for Metro Manila, Balance Luzon, the Visayas, and Mindanao.

SWS utilized the “mobile phone and computer-assisted telephone interviews (CATI)” to survey 1,249 Filipinos 18 years old and above.

aged 18 years almost equally distributed in Metro Manila, Balance Luzon, the Visayas, and Mindanao.

Latest Covid-19 updates

As of Saturday, the Department of Health (DOH) logged 539 new recoveries from (Covid-19) in the country bringing the total number to 295,312.

The DOH also recorded 2,673 new confirmed cases which brings the total number of Covid-19 cases in the country to 354,338.

The top regions with most cases were Metro Manila with 646 cases or 28 percent, Region 4-A with 603 or 26 percent, and Region 3 with 213 or 9 percent.

The DOH also said there are 73 new reported deaths which bring the total to 6,603.

The most number of deaths were from Metro Manila at 32 or 44 percent, Region 4-A with 10 or 14 percent, and Region 3 with 9 or 12 percent.

The DOH said that 85 duplicates were also removed from the total case count and of these, 78 were recovered cases and one death.

A total of 14 cases previously tagged as recovered was reclassified as deaths, according to the DOH bulletin.

On October 16, the DOH said 14 laboratories were not able to submit their data to the Covid-19 Data Repository System. (sovereignph.com)

Leave a Reply