Interior Secretary Eduardo Año on Monday started his one-month leave to fully recover from the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), DILG Undersecretary and spokesperson Jonathan Malaya said.
Malaya said Año has not taken a single day of leave and even work during Sundays and holidays since he was hospitalized in August last year due to Covid-19.
“Last week, Secretary Año underwent his regular medical check-up as part of his post-Covid recovery plan,” Malaya said.
He said the DILG chief has been advised by his doctors to slow down and take a break from stressful activities.
“His doctors advised him to pace himself, to get plenty of rest, to prioritize his health and to further undergo some tests,” he added.
Malaya said Año designated Undersecretary Bernardo Florece as Officer-in-Charge of the DILG until the end of the month.
Año first tested for Covid-19 on March 3, 2020 and he had undergone a second Covid-19 test on April 8, which turned out negative.
On August 16, he again tested positive of the virus. SOVEREIGNPH