Thu. Feb 25th, 2021
(Photo Courtesy: http://www.pna.gov.ph)

The government has so far provided P12 billion in cash assistance to over two million workers in the country, including displaced overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) affected by coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) reported on Thursday.

Based on the latest data from the agency, some P11.9 billion have been released to a total of 2.080 million beneficiaries.

The government has provided financial and employment assistance through the Covid-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP), Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers (TUPAD) Program, and Abot Kamay ang Pagtulong (AKAP).

Under CAMP, the DOLE reported that a total of 1.025 million workers from the formal sector have been assisted with cash amounting to over P5.2 billion.

The program is a one-time P5,000 financial aid provided to affected workers in private establishments.

For AKAP, it served a total of 118,416 displaced OFWs in the amount of P1.191 billion

The beneficiaries, land-based and sea-based workers were given a one-time cash assistance of $200 (P10,000).

Meanwhile, the DOLE has so far disbursed a total of P5.182 billion under the TUPAD program to 918,191 informal sector workers.

The total budget allocation for the program is P5.62 billion.

It added that there are 18,674 beneficiaries with work, with a budget of P7.070 million.

The target beneficiaries for the program are 974,140.

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello 3rd said providing assistance under TUPAD and CAMP will soon be over.

“Very much on track, we are almost through with TUPAD and CAMP and we are accelerating payouts of AKAP,” he said. SOVEREIGNPH

Leave a Reply