About 20 million out of around 22.9 million beneficiaries in the National Capital Region (NCR) Plus, which was placed under enhanced community quarantine (ECQ), have received financial assistance from the national government.
“This is our update on the ‘ayuda’ (cash assistance) distribution. From 84 percent during the past days, our distribution rate is now at 87.4 percent distribution rate,” Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said in Filipino in a pre-recorded meeting with President Rodrigo Duterte aired on Thursday night.
Año said this figure can be broken down into the following:
-NCR – P9.59 billion (9,597,236 beneficiaries);
-Bulacan- P2.73 billion (2,739,465 beneficiaries);
-Cavite -P2.84 billion (2,841,696 beneficiaries);
-Laguna -P2.58 billion (2,583,390 beneficiaries);
-Rizal -P2.26 billion (2,266,901 beneficiaries).
He also added that in the NCR, the city of Manila was the first to complete its aid distribution on May 11.
Meanwhile, Bulacan’s distribution rate was placed at 92.33 percent with six local government units (LGUs) completing “ayuda” distribution so far.
Año also said Cavite’s cash aid distribution rate placed at 82.5 percent with five municipalities and one city completing the process.
For Laguna, 16 municipalities and one city have already completed the “ayuda” distribution.
Rizal’s distribution rate was placed at 86.76 percent.
LGUs have until Saturday (May 15) to complete the aid distribution.
However, Año said some beneficiaries cannot be contacted or found while others have left for their home provinces.
Año, meanwhile, said he will meet with Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana and Social Welfare Secretary Rolando Bautista to come up with a way for LGUs to make a supplemental payroll for qualified beneficiaries who are not listed.
He said LGUs will be given 10 days to address this concern.
He said beneficiaries have only until Saturday to show up and claim their aid, otherwise, this will be given to other beneficiaries who are not listed. SOVEREIGNPH