Fri. Sep 17th, 2021

Residents of Metro Manila who will be affected by the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) that will start on August 6 will get cash assistance from the government, Malacañang said on Saturday.

(photo courtesy: http://www.rappler.com)

The ECQ will be imposed from August 6 to 20 to stop the spread of the more infectious Delta variant of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

In a radio interview, Palace spokesperson Harry Roque said Metro Manila residents will get cash aid similar to what was provided in March this year, or P1,000 per person or up to P4,000 per family.

At the House of Representatives, meanwhile, the immediate passage of the Bayanihan to Arise As One Bill or Bayanihan 3 is being pushed.

“Among other socioeconomic measures, the bill provides for the distribution of additional cash subsidy for households in areas placed under ECQ,” Speaker Lord Allan Velasco said on Friday.

The leader of the House of Representatives said economic managers must find funding sources for the third round of the stimulus package.

The bill provides for the distribution of emergency cash subsidies for households in areas under ECQ, with around P30 billion allocated for the cash grant.

Bayanihan 1 (Bayanihan to Heal as Once Act) and Bayanihan 2 (Bayanihan to Recover as One Act) previously provided financial assistance under the Social Amelioration Program.

Leave a Reply