Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte sees supporters of his father’s administration with Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go quitting the race for president in 2022.
“Matapos kong inilunsad and aking kandidatura pagka bise presidente ng Pilipinas, nanawagan po ako sa lahat ng sumusuporta ng administrasyong Duterte na magkaisa sa ating layunin na ipatuloy at palawakin pa ang mga magagandang nasimulan ng aking ama (After I launched my candidacy for vice president, I appealed to the supporters of the Duterte administration to unite so we continue and expand the good words that my father started),” Sara Duterte said in a statement.
“Nagpapasalamat po ako sa inyong pagdinig sa aking hiling (And I thank those who heeded my call),” she added.
Go last week announced he was not pushing through with his presidential bid in 2022, citing he was doing that for the sake of President Rodrigo Duterte.
“Higit pa po sa tatay and turing ko kay Pangulong Duterte. Marami na po siyang nagawa para sa ating bayan. Ang dami na po niyang sakripisyong ginawa para sa ating bayan. And it’s time for me to sacrifice, gagawin ko po ‘yan dahil mahal ko po si Pangulo, mahal ko po ang ating mga kababayan (President Duterte is more than a father to me. He has done so much for our country. He has done a lot of sacrifices for our country. And it’s time for me to sacrifice, I need to do this because I love our President, I love our countrymen),” he said in an interview on Wednesday after he visited fire victims in Mandaluyong.
Sara Duterte is the running mate of former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. in the 2022 polls.