Some 116 establishments affected by the implementation of Alert Level 3 in many areas of the country, including Metro Manila, have so far applied for cash assistance under the Covid-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP) 3 of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
In a virtual forum on Monday, DOLE Assistant Secretary Dominique Tutay said the 116 companies have 1,223 workers who will benefit from CAMP 3.
“Latest applicant in the system as of 4 p.m.: 116 establishments involving 1,223,” she said.
Meanwhile, Tutay also reported that close to 500 individuals have filed their applications for the one-time cash assistance worth P5,000.
She said the online application was officially opened at 12:01 a.m. Monday.
Tutay clarified that those who are covered by CAMP 3 are workers who are affected by temporary closure, permanent closure, and retrenchment of companies.
“As of January 23, the number of workers affected by temporary closure, permanent closure, and retrenchment has reached 25,855 coming from 1,676 establishments,” Tutay said.
Among the priority sectors include hotel accommodation and food services, construction, manufacturing, education, wholesale and retail, administrative and support service, and other services.
She said establishments that are implementing flexible work arrangement are not covered by the CAMP 3 program.