There were no reports of major violations of minimum public health protocols in the National Capital Region and 38 other areas under Alert Level 1 since its implementation on March 1.
National Vaccination Operations Center and Health Undersecretary Myrna Cabotaje on Saturday thanked local government units (LGUs) for imposing stringent health measures to ensure that Covid-19 cases will not spike anew.
“As a whole, the minimum public health protocols are being followed,” Cabotaje said at the Laging Handa public briefing. “The centers of health development should intensify the monitoring of areas under Alert Level 1.”
She also reminded on health and safety measures during campaign sorties.
When conducting mass gatherings indoors, Cabotaje said organizers should make sure there is proper ventilation and participants are wearing masks.
She likewise encouraged the unvaccinated to avail of Covid-19 jabs.
“Vaccination is just one armament. We still need to follow the public minimum health standard, proper masking, and safe physical distancing,” she said.
Businesses, public transportation, and government agencies in areas that were downgraded to Alert Level 1 can operate at full capacity at least until March 15.
The Philippines has so far administered 145.849 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines nationwide.
A total of 63.682 million Filipinos are already fully vaccinated, including 10.476 million with booster doses.
Among the pediatric age groups, 8.5 million or 74 percent aged 12 to 17 are fully vaccinated while 862,000 aged 5 to 11 have been administered with at least one dose.
The daily vaccination coverage slightly slowed down to 300,000 doses, thus recalibrated strategies are being coordinated with LGUs, Cabotaje added.
The latest vaccine deliveries are both Pfizer brands – 804,000 doses for the 5-11 age group on Thursday and 11,700 doses for adults on Friday night.