Thu. May 26th, 2022

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) en banc ruling on the disqualification cases filed against presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. may be out late next month, the poll body said on Thursday.

(pna.gov.ph)

Comelec Commissioner George Garcia said the motions for reconsideration (MRs) filed by the petitioners against the candidacy of the former senator are now being hastened.

“The chairman (Saidamen Pangarungan) is committing number one before the end of April a decision by the en banc will be forthcoming,” he said in a press briefing.

Garcia admitted that he did not participate in the session that tackled the disqualification cases.

“A decision on the consolidated cases, as well as the case with motions for reconsideration will be decided before the elections…before the end of April,” he said. “The earliest the second week of April, the latest will be the third week of April.”

The Comelec First and Second Divisions previously dismissed a total of six cases filed against Marcos due to “lack of merit”.

The petitioners filed their respective MRs before the Comelec en banc.

Leave a Reply